The Foundation level is the entry level qualification which offers you
a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
The purpose of the course is to introduce students the essential concepts associated with the ITIL® library and prepare them to the ITIL® Foundation examination. Additionally the course provides practical guidelines and rules on how to effectively and efficiently manage IT services.
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how to use it to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® practices who contributes to an ongoing service improvement programme.
A certificate of participation in the course issued by Rethink
The course fully prepares students for the ITIL® Foundation examination.
Durations: 3 Days.
Group size: From 8 to 15 students.
Accreditation /Training Course basis:
Conditions for participation in training / exams, instructions and forms
- The ITIL® structure and key elements of the service management model
- Service Strategy: Strategy Management for IT Services , Service Portfolio Management; Financial Management for IT Services; Demand Management; Business Relationship Management
- Service Design: Design Coordination; Service Level Management; Service Catalogue Management; Supplier Management; Information Security Management; Availability Management; Capacity Management; IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Transition: Transition Planning and Support; Change Management; Service Asset and Configuration Management; Release and Deployment Management; Service Validation and Testing; Change Evaluation; Knowledge Management
- Service Operation: Incident Management; Problem Management; Event Management; Request Fulfilment; Access Management
- Continual Service Improvement: Service Measurement; Service Reporting; 7-step Improvement Process
- Comprehensive process model, list of roles and functions defined in ITIL®
- Set of key concepts and definitions
- ITIL® principles
- Human aspect in service management
- Practical exercises: Service Definition; Service Design Package; Service Level Agreement (SLA); Change Request; Escalation
- ITIL Foundation examination sample papers